There are a good number of drivers who prefer to use the automated gearbox even though it consumes a lot of gas. There is, however, an alternative that will enable a gearbox to be both automated or manual with a flick of a switch.
The Great Things About Your Hand-Operated Gearbox
1. You feel that you have more control of the car when you are driving than you would with an automated gearbox.
2. When you have a vehicle with a smaller engine, it can feel more powerful with a manual transmission. Also an engine that is less than 2 liters will go much faster.
3. Your current car will need less gas.
4. Will last for a longer period and more reliable. The automatic gears boxes, especially when they are not looked after as they should, will break faster and thus have a shorter life duration. Any time an automatic gearbox really does break down, it is usually very costly to repair. If you wish to truly enjoy the driving, then the manual gearbox is the greatest.
The Rewards Of The Automated Gearbox
1. Practical. You will always enjoy a free hand instead of one tied to the wheel and the other to the gear. Speaking on the phone when driving is so much easier with an automated gearbox. Many automatic gearboxes incorporate cruise control which can be great for long drives. Additionally, it is also ideal for when you want to stop on inclined roads as the car should hold in place even without the hand brake being up.
2. Simple When It Comes To Beginners. It is simple to focus on driving when you know the engine won’t suddenly die. Also, you’ll be able to drive more easily in a fast paced city avenue with an automated gearbox.
If you would like the best automated gearbox, consider the 2 Tronic. The PSA group presents it as a robotized selection. If you want something for a high performance car, then the Selespeed is certainly a good option. You can match up this automated gearbox with the manual gearbox of the Smart ForTwo. What appears great about it is that it boasts low fuel usage but still has high performance.
The newer release of automated gearboxes are much more efficient with gas and are very dependable than gearboxes made in the past resulting in lower fuel and repair costs. You will notice the difference when driving in rush hour traffic in the city. However, you possibly will not notice it if you do a lot of long distance driving on the open roads.
The mid-tier cars which have a price tag under 20 000 dollars usually don’t have powerful engines and thus will not need the latest automatic boxes and the top end technologies and electronics. With a decent gearbox, you’re not going to use up as much gas thus not invest a lot on fuel. If you combine one of these gearboxes with a low powered engine, it will save you a quite a bit of money monthly.