There are a number of drivers who seem to prefer to use the automated gearbox even though it uses up a lot of gas. There is, however, an option that will enable a gearbox to be both automated or manual with a flick of a switch.
The Great Things About The Manual Gearbox
1. You can feel the car, you can feel you’re driving and you can control it better especially if you are used to driving a car without an automated gearbox.
2. A manual gearbox will make a scaled-down car feel much more powerful. A manual gearbox definitely makes the car somewhat faster, but from 2 liters up, you will not feel the difference.
3. The gas consumption is certainly significantly less.
4. A lot more durable. The automatic gear boxes, especially if they are not maintained as they should, will break faster and thus have a shorter life duration. If your gearbox of this kind is damaged, you can’t fix it and have to take it to the manufacturer, which can often cost a significant amount to fix it. If you wish to actually enjoy the driving, then the manual gearbox is best.
The Advantages Of The Automatic Gearbox
1. Practical. It is possible to drive using both hands on the controls or one hand on the wheel and another hand on something else. Talking on the phone even when driving is really much easier with an automated gearbox. Many automatic gearboxes incorporate cruise control which is great for long drives. Furthermore, it is also great for when you want to stop on inclined roads as the car should hold in place even without the hand brake being up.
2. Best For Rookies. It’s a good deal easier to concentrate on the traffic knowing that the engine can’t die. Additionally it doesn’t take much exertion to take short drives.
If you want a reliable automated gearbox, you need to get the 2 Tronic. It’s an alternative that is robotized out of the PSA group. If you want a moderately superior model, then the Selespeed is great, especially for high performance cars. It is possible to do a comparison of this automated gearbox with the manual gearbox of the Smart ForTwo. The advantage of this gearbox is that it features high performance with low fuel costs.
The newer release of automated gearboxes are much more efficient with fuel and are very reliable than gearboxes made in the past resulting in lower fuel and repair costs. The greatest differences are going to be seen in the crowded cities. However, you might not notice it when you do a lot of long distance driving on the open roads.
The mid-tier cars which have a price tag below 20 000 dollars usually don’t have powerful engines and thus will not need the latest automatic boxes and the top end technologies and electronics. With a reliable gearbox, you’re not going to use up as much gas thus not shell out a lot on fuel. If you get one of these gearboxes with a low powered engine, you will be able to save money on fuel each month.